8 Brentwood Drive, Suite D Ithaca, New York 14850 Phone: 607-277-4341 Fax: 607-216-0918

Find Directions

209 W. State Street, Ithaca, New York 14850 Phone: 607-277-4341 Fax: 607-216-0918


Latest News

health care icon

Update:  Health Care Reform

NYS Exchange Plans for Individuals and Small Groups

Family Medicine participates with both Excellus and MVP exchange plans.  These are the only two plans that consider Family Medicine Associates in-network.  Out-of-network benefits do not exist for exchange product plans.


Aetna Cornell Program for Healthy Living

Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield

Blue Cross Blue Shield-Out of Area



Empire Plan

Lifetime Benefits Solutions

Medicare/Most Medicare Advantage Plans

Medicaid/Total Care



Tricare/Martins Point Healthcare/USFHP

Insurance Information

Family Medicine Associates participates with most regional insurances. We make every effort to keep down the cost of your medical care. You can help us by paying your copay and/or outstanding balance before you leave the office. This will help to minimize our billing costs, which can be considerable.


Copays must be paid at the time of service.


If you are a self-pay patient, payment is expected at the time of service. 


We will bill your insurance company for you, whether we participate with your plan or not.


If we are non-participating with your insurance, you will be financially responsible for the full amount of all charges associated with your visit.


If FMA is out of network for your plan, you may have additional out-of- pocket costs.


Please remember that health insurance is a contract between you (or your employer) and your insurer to cover services provided by your physician or healthcare practitioner. Coverage is not a guarantee of payment. Per our financial notice, patients are responsible any co-pay, deductible, co-insurance, or other charges for services not paid as directed by your insurance company.


Under New York State Law, parents/legal guardians are responsible for care provided to minors under the age of 21, even if the minor no longer lives at home.